Need cleanup advice for multiline string

Wed Aug 12 11:58:28 EDT 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 08:11:43 -0700, Simon Forman wrote:

[quoting Robert Dailey]
>> I cannot completely doubt that there are logical
>> women out there. I just haven't seen one yet. But that doesn't mean I'm
>> a sexist.
>
> Oh my.  And you were doing so well.  You haven't seen a logical woman?
> Perhaps you're blind because your eyes were torn out by a raging
> marmoset?
>
> Guess what?  Thinking (or just saying) that /does/ mean you're a sexist.
>  (Even if it was just another "friendly, harmless joke".)

It was an incredibly insensitive thing for Robert to say, having just
been slapped for a previous insensitive "joke" about women. But still,
most people, male or female, *aren't* logical. I know I've never met
somebody who is entirely logical, of either sex, and I'm pretty sure I've
not met very many people who are even mostly logical. Vulcans we are not.
Does this mean I'm equally sexist against men *and* women? ("I'm not
biased, I hate everyone equally!" *wink*)

Hell, here I am, at 2am, defending somebody I don't know, for saying
something I don't approve of, against somebody who is saying something I
agree with, out of some sort of misguided sense of fairness. Logic? Ha,
what's logic got to do with it?

--
Steven