Social problems of Python doc [was Re: Python docs disappointing]

Ethan Furman ethan at
Wed Aug 12 18:46:32 CEST 2009

Paul Boddie wrote:
> On 12 Aug, 17:08, Steven D'Aprano <st... at REMOVE-THIS-
>> wrote:
>>It's not the people who suggest improvements to the docs that are the
>>problem, but the ones who insist that the docs are terrible, but aren't
>>willing to do anything but complain. Oh, and trolls like ... I hesitate
>>to mention his name in case he has a bot monitoring the list ... first
>>name starts with "X" followed by "ah", second name sounds like "Mee" ...
>>who even if they make a few good points, they're lost in a sea of insults
>>to others, arrogance and self-aggrandisement.
> Right, but those good points are still worth taking on board.

The responsibility for communication is shared.  How much to each party
varies by circumstance (employer/employee, rank, volunteer, etc.).  For
myself, his posts are automatically deleted -- my time is precious to me.