Python configuration question when python scripts are executed using Appweb as web server.

Mark Lawrence breamoreboy at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 13 11:45:31 EDT 2009

Gabriel Genellina wrote:
[snip]
>> Here are couple of links that discusses setting PYTHONPATH environment
>> variable.
>> http://docs.python.org/using/windows.html
>
> Ouch, that document should be reworked and updated!
I don't understand this comment, given that the PEP370 Implementation
section 2nd paragraph quite specifically refers to the use of
PYTHONPATH, I quote. "The user site directory is added before the system
site directories but after Python's search paths and PYTHONPATH. This
setup allows the user to install a different version of a package than
the system administrator but it prevents the user from accidently
overwriting a stdlib module. Stdlib modules can still be overwritten
with PYTHONPATH."  What am I missing?

>> http://www.daimi.au.dk/~chili/PBI/pythonpath.html

[snip]

--