Social problems of Python doc [was Re: Python docs disappointing]

RJ rays at blue-cove.com
Thu Aug 13 13:13:54 EDT 2009

A basic question in this thread is: Who will host the
doc-wiki/whatever and how will it be linked to?
If not hosted at python.org it can still be linked to from their
docs, if allowed, possibly with 3rd level domain and re-direct.
I host a number of commercial servers but I don't expect Guido to
bless them with said links.
If hosted at python.org it will require resources from the existing admins.
If elsewhere then trusted admins and organization.
If not linked to from python.org then it may well expire from lack of
interest, as other seemingly nice attempts did.

Ray Schumacher