coding for multiple versions of python

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Fri Aug 14 01:41:39 EDT 2009

> I'm guessing I need to configure cvs to copy files to both locations
> whenever I commit. Does that sound right? Is there a better way I'm not
> thinking of?

If the set of files doesn't change too often, you can use symlinks.
That's how Debian currently installs Python packages for multiple
versions on a single system.

Specifically, put the source code into /net/source/python/foo/*.py.
Then, on each system, put symlinks to all .py files into
lib/site-packages/foo. Then Python will place the .pyc files next
to the symlinks, not next to the actual .py files.

HTH,
Martin