socket.send : (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable')

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Fri Aug 14 10:12:20 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-14, Gabriel Rossetti <gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com> wrote:

> I get a (11, 'Resource temporarily unavailable') error when I
> try to send a file using a socket. Is there s size limit?

No, there's no size limit.  However, there is a bandwidth
limit.  You can't shove bytes into the pipe faster than they
come out the other end (at least not over the long term).

> I tried sending a smaller file and ii poses no problem. Am I
> doing something wrong?

Yes.  If you want to have the socket in non-blocking mode, then
you have to catch EAGAIN and retry the operation.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I didn't order any
                                  at               WOO-WOO ... Maybe a YUBBA