Is it possible to use python to get True Full Duplex on a Serial port?

Hendrik van Rooyen hendrik at microcorp.co.za
Sat Aug 15 03:29:13 EDT 2009

On Friday 14 August 2009 15:58:37 exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:

> One strategy you might employ to get rid of the busy looping is to use
> Twisted and its serial port support.  This also addresses the full-
> duplex issue you've raised.

I know - vaguely - about twisted and I have been dancing around the fire, not
really ready to put the time in to understand it properly.   Looks like the
time has come though - my weekend is really going to hell.

I am now going to make a loopback connector and start playing.

Thanks to everybody for the feedback.

- Hendrik