Komodo(!)

Kee Nethery kee at kagi.com
Sun Aug 16 01:04:25 EDT 2009

On Aug 14, 2009, at 1:55 PM, William wrote:

> Personally, I rather like Wing

I tried Wing and basically as a newbie, there were too many setup
parameters that I did not know how to set correctly and I could never
get it to work for me. It runs under X11 and I guess that was just a
bit too techie for me to get it to work properly. It's probably a very
nice IDE and they were certainly helpful with their support but after
a bunch of back and forths I decided to go back to Komodo.

Have not looked at NetBeans.

I'm a newbie and I need something that just works. Launch it and use
it. Komodo meets that need for me.

I've heard there is a nice add-on to Eclipse but Eclipse has even more
setup variables than Wings and I've avoided it for that reason.

Kee