Xah's Edu Corner: The importance of syntax & notations.

Xah Lee xahlee at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 01:32:07 EDT 2009

Personally, particular interesting info i've learned is that, for all
my trouble in the past decade expressing problems of traditional math
notation, i learned from his article this single-phrase summary:
“traditional math notation lacks a grammar”.

The article is somewhat disappointing though. I was expecting he'd go
into some details about the science of math notations, or, as he put
it aptly: “linguistics of math notations”. However, he didn't touch
the subject, except saying that it haven't been studied.

 Xah