Data visualization in Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Mon Aug 17 15:36:18 EDT 2009

On 2009-08-17, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid> wrote:
> On 2009-08-17, kj <no.email at please.post> wrote:
>
>> I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
>> scientific/statistical data.  (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in
>> is Mac OS X).
>
> Both matplotlib and gnuplot-py can produce pretty good results
> with a minimum of effort:

Oh, just in case you haven't found them, you might also be
interested in the SciPy and Scientific Python projects:

   http://www.scipy.org/

   http://sourcesup.cru.fr/projects/scientific-py/

Though they have deceptively similar names, they're two
separate projects.  Unfortunately, some rather promenent
documentation conflates the two.  For example,

  http://docs.python.org/3.1/tutorial/whatnow.html

refers to www.scipy.org as "the Scientific Python" project.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I hope the
                                  at               ``Eurythmics'' practice