Data visualization in Python

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid
Mon Aug 17 21:36:18 CEST 2009

On 2009-08-17, Grant Edwards <invalid at invalid> wrote:
> On 2009-08-17, kj < at> wrote:
>> I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
>> scientific/statistical data.  (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in
>> is Mac OS X).
> Both matplotlib and gnuplot-py can produce pretty good results
> with a minimum of effort:

Oh, just in case you haven't found them, you might also be
interested in the SciPy and Scientific Python projects:

Though they have deceptively similar names, they're two
separate projects.  Unfortunately, some rather promenent
documentation conflates the two.  For example,

refers to as "the Scientific Python" project.

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I hope the
                                  at               ``Eurythmics'' practice
                                 birth control ...