Data visualization in Python

Weinhandl Herbert weinhand at unileoben.ac.at
Tue Aug 18 03:59:20 EDT 2009

Am 2009-08-17 21:10, schrieb kj:
> I'm looking for a good Python package for visualizing
> scientific/statistical data.  (FWIW, the OS I'm interested in is
> Mac OS X).
>
> The users of this package will be experimental biologists with
> little programming experience (but currently learning Python).

SciDAVis is a free application for Scientific Data Analysis and Visualization.

     http://scidavis.sourceforge.net/

Veusz is a scientific plotting and graphing package written in Python.

     http://home.gna.org/veusz/

Open source data visualization and analysis for novice and experts. Data mining
through visual programming or Python scripting. Extensions for bioinformatics
and text mining. Comprehensive, flexible and fast.

     http://www.ailab.si/orange/

> (I normally visualize data using R or Mathematica, but I don't want
> to saddle these novices with the task of learning yet another
> language.)

hth

Herbert