XML parsing with python

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Aug 18 05:26:02 EDT 2009

inder wrote:
> Is lxml part of standard python package ? I am having python 2.5 .

No, that's why I suggested ElementTree first.

> I might not be able to use any additional package other than the
> standard python . Could you please suggest something part of standard
> python package ?

No, there isn't any XMLSchema support in the stdlib.

However, you may still be able to use lxml locally for development and with
validation enabled, and switch to non-validating ElementTree on
distribution/pre-prod-testing/whatever. Just use a conditional import and
write a bit of setup code.

Stefan