Need cleanup advice for multiline string

Mensanator mensanator at aol.com
Wed Aug 19 01:07:09 EDT 2009

On Aug 18, 6:36�am, Jean-Michel Pichavant <jeanmic... at sequans.com>
wrote:
> MRAB wrote:
> > Carl Banks wrote:
>
> >> I like how being very friendly means calling people after a guy who
> >> tried to blow up the English Parliament.
>
> > Guy Fawkes adopted the name Guido while fighting for the Spanish in the
> > Low Countries:
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guy_Fawkes
>
> I didn't get Carl's reference. The only thing I know about blowing the
> parliament is from the movie V for Vendetta (no comment please !).
> Now thanks to your link:
> "In 18th-century England, the term "guy" was used to refer to an effigy
> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effigy> of Fawkes, which would be paraded
> around town by children on the anniversary of the conspiracy"
>
> Well, my knowledge is much too low to get this kind of reference from
> the start. :-/

So I guess you have no clue WHY Mr. Fawkes would want
to blow up the parliment and assassinate the king.
Read up a bit on how just how the Church of England
came to be and it will be quite obvious.

On some TV show, someone did a re-creation of that event
to see what would have happened had he not gotten caught.
They built a life-size mockuup of the room under which
the gunpowder kegs were stashed and filled the room
with dummys. The blast was spectacular. They eventually
found the head of the dummy representing king James a
couple miles away. Or maybe it was kilometers. Either way,
the conclusion was it was very lucky to have worked out
the way it did.