Need cleanup advice for multiline string

Ben Finney ben+python at
Wed Aug 19 06:05:53 CEST 2009

Simon Forman <sajmikins at> writes:

> On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 8:42 PM, Ben Finney<ben+python at> wrote:
> > We're all unified by our humanity. Bringing any god into the picture
> > is surely counter to any goals of unity.
> Unity "in humanity" is, to my way of thinking, the same as Unity "in
> God".

Then you're playing Humpty-Dumpty games with words. You know very well
that “God” has established meanings entirely different from “humanity”,
and those meanings played a part in your choice of that word.

I maintain that you can't consistently make a declaration in favour of
human unity and unfounded religious assertions.

> I think Unity, like None, is a built-in singleton, so to speak.

This is white noise.

> >> We are one family.
> >
> > Agreed.
> <3

I think we can peaceably leave it at that.

 \        “Spam will be a thing of the past in two years' time.” —Bill |
  `\                                                 Gates, 2004-01-24 |
Ben Finney