Code formatting question: conditional expression

John Yeung gallium.arsenide at
Wed Aug 19 06:44:01 CEST 2009

On Aug 18, 1:25 pm, John Posner <jjpos... at> wrote:
> BTW, from the (admittedly few) responses to my original
> post, it seems there's some sentiment that "conditional
> expressions" are a non-Pythonic misfeature. Interesting ...

Well, it's not like Guido was especially eager to add it in the first

I personally wouldn't call it a misfeature, but it shares with lambda
the property that it's best used when what you need to say with it is
very short.

John Y.