recording input from USB port and write to text file

Diez B. Roggisch deets at
Wed Aug 19 15:12:55 CEST 2009

Piet van Oostrum wrote:

>>A> Hi! I'm fairly new to Python.  I understand the basics basics but I'm
>>A> been trying to write a simple python code that will let me read input
>>A> data (such as mouse movement) from my USB port and write it in a text
>>A> file and I am so lost.  Can anyone help or direct me to some
>>A> resources?  Thank you!
> You could try

As I said - this is more complicated as it appears. HID-devices will be
captured by the OS and can't be accessed by libusb then (with good reason -
otherwise writing a keylogger is something not even kernel-space is needed