Silly question

Aahz aahz at
Fri Aug 21 01:51:00 CEST 2009

In article <mailman.143.1250793404.2854.python-list at>,
Benjamin Kaplan  <benjamin.kaplan at> wrote:
>On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 2:13 PM, David C Ullrich<dullrich at> wrot=
>> I just noticed that
>> sequence[i:j:k]
>Well, I got some good news and some bad news. According to the docs,
>it existed in 1.4 but the built-in sequences didn't support it until
>2.3. It's not used that often anyway so you haven't been missing much.

Except that it's canonical for one specific operation:

Aahz (aahz at           <*>

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a
serious conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a
straight face.  It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws
wearing body armor arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing
a T-shirt about who's in more danger."  --Roy Smith