Python for professsional Windows GUI apps?

Gilles Ganault nospam at nospam.com
Mon Aug 24 08:08:40 EDT 2009

Hello

	I was wondering if some people in this ng use Python and some GUI
toolkit (PyWin32, wxWidgets, QT, etc.) to build professional
applications, and if yes, what it's like, the pros and cons, etc.

I'm especially concerned about the lack of controls, the lack of
updates (lots of controls in wxWidgets are 1.0 deadware), and problems
linked to how to update users' PC remotely when I build a new version
using eg. Py2exe.

I need controls for business apps like access to databases, good data
grid, printing reports (with or without barcodes), etc.

Thank you.