Numeric literals in other than base 10 - was Annoying octal?notation

garabik-news-2005-05 at garabik-news-2005-05 at
Mon Aug 24 16:35:56 CEST 2009

J. Cliff Dyer <jcd at> wrote:
> I had an objection to using spaces in numeric literals last time around
> and it still stands, and it still stands in the new one.

Or, we can use U+00A0 NO-BREAK SPACE, once we already have unicode
variable names :-)
(probably some people would find it difficult to type, though
with my keyboard layout it is COMPOSE + SPACE + SPACE, not
more difficult than _).
Well, reading code listings could be a bit confusing.
Thinking about it, U+2005 FOUR-PER-EM SPACE makes more sense.
Aesthetically, too :-)

| Radovan Garabík |