Protecting against callbacks queuing up?

Hendrik van Rooyen hendrik at microcorp.co.za
Tue Aug 25 04:28:11 EDT 2009

8< -------------- some stuff about an "after" call --------------------------

> I'm new to python, what is an after function and an after call? Couldn't
> find excact answer on google...? Do you have a link to some docs?

The after call is common in GUI stuff.

Here is a link to nice Tkinter manual - it is the first link if you google
for:   tkinter "new mexico tech" shipman

www.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/

What after does is that it is like a normal call, except that it is not done
immediately, but after some settable time, hence the "after".

- Hendrik