Would there be work for a sysadmin who specializes in python?

Esmail ebonak at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:40:24 EDT 2009

walterbyrd wrote:
> If I took the time to really learn to use python for sysadmin work,
> would I be able to find jobs, or even contract jobs?

FWIW, I think one of the qualities of a good system admin would be the ability
to work with a variety of tools and languages and not focus on one particular
language. Though Perl (not a favorite of mine at all :) seems to be quite
popular for admin type work, and of course knowing some sort of shell
programming etc would come in handy.