your favorite debugging tool?

Ben Finney ben+python at
Tue Aug 25 14:44:47 CEST 2009

Esmail <ebonak at> writes:

> While I do believe in a minimalist approach (part of the reason I find
> Python so appealing), using print statements sometimes only goes so
> far (for me).

Right, which is where the Python interactive interpreter (which I failed
to mention in my initial response) comes in as my favourite debugging

 \     “When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. |
  `\    Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole |
_o__)                   one and asked Him to forgive me.” —Emo Philips |
Ben Finney