TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str in windows xp, while making tarfile

Ryniek90 ryniek90 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:37:21 CEST 2009

Referring to my earlier posts:

I've dealt with those errors. but now have another.
When my backup scripts starts to backup chosen file, python gave me

C:\Users\Ryniek's WinSe7en\Documents\My
Dropbox\Aplikacje\Moje_aplikacje\Pythonowe_aplikacje\Skrypty>python ba
ckuper.py -f F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe F:\ MyGGBackup
Checking permissions for reading and writing...
Have permissions on [F:\APLIKACJE\nowegg.exe] for reading.
Have permissions on [F:\] for writing.
Preparing for backup [nowegg.exe]...
Starting backup...
Now adding [nowegg.exe]...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "backuper.py", line 197, in <module>
  File "backuper.py", line 189, in main_meth
    paq.backup_file(pars.options.filename[0], pars.options.filename[1],
  File "backuper.py", line 127, in backup_file
  File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\tarfile.py", line 1948, in add
    if self.name is not None and os.path.abspath(name) == self.name:
  File "E:\WinSe7en Apps\APLIKACJE\ActiveState Python
2.6\lib\ntpath.py", line 458, in abspath
    path = _getfullpathname(path)
TypeError: _getfullpathname() argument 1 must be (buffer overflow), not str

I've searched over google, but found only that is bug in Python (
http://bugs.python.org/issue4071  - in that issue bug is inside Python
2.5.2 - i've got ActiveState Active Python with core Python 2.6.2), and
another  info:   *http://tinyurl.com/lvyn7o  and **http://tinyurl.com/kn49vk

Here's my script code:

*Shouldn't that bug be patched already  :-?