web frameworks that support Python 3

exarkun at twistedmatrix.com exarkun at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Aug 25 22:19:59 EDT 2009

On 01:41 am, aahz at pythoncraft.com wrote:
>In article
><e9b627c8-eb88-4312-8777-1b00641861b7 at v15g2000prn.googlegroups.com>,
>Graham Dumpleton  <graham.dumpleton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Aug 24, 6:34=A0am, Sebastian Wiesner <basti.wies... at gmx.net> wrote:
>>>
>>>In any case, there is bottle [1], which provides a *very minimal*
>>>framewo=
>>rk
>>>for WSGI web development. =A0Don't expect too much, it is really
>>>small, a=
>>nd
>>>doesn't do much more than routing and minimal templating.
>>>
>>>However, it is the only Python-3-compatible web framework I know of.
>>>
>>>[1]http://bottle.paws.de/page/start
>>
>>There is one big flaw with your claim. That is the there is no WSGI
>>specification for Python 3.0 as yet. Anything that claims to work with
>>WSGI and Python 3.0 is just a big guess as far as how WSGI for Python
>>3.0 may work.
>
>Perhaps you meant "library" instead of "specification"?

He meant specification.

Python 3.x is different enough from any Python 2.x release that PEP 333
no longer completely makes sense.  It needs to be modified to be
applicable to Python 3.x.

So, in the sense that there is no written down, generally agreed upon
specification for what WSGI on Python 3.x means, there is no...
specification.

There is, however, apparently, a library. ;)

Jean-Paul