Raw data extraction question

Maggie la.foma at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:18:23 EDT 2009

i have event timing stretch of code i need to alter. here is code
below:
--------------
# we start each run with one full silent trial
# creating a "stub" with the duration of a full block
# less the discarded acquisitions
stub = block_dur - (distax * tr)

feed = sys.stdin.readlines()
sess = -1
for line in feed:
    if re.search(line != rest):
	   time = (line + line (-1)) + (distax * tr)
	  		print time

	 elif (line(-1) = rest):
	    # block onsets are determined by
	    # block number, block duration,
	    # and the stub; 3dDeconvolve
            # takes care of making these
	    # "global"
        	time = (line) + (distax * tr)
	    	print time
-----
my concern is that it is extracting line number and not data contained
on a given line. I need it to extract data from each line (excluding
lines with spaces and/or lines that contain the word "pause" or
"silence"). Basically i need ONLY raw data extracted from line 1 -
onward.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Thanks!