Return value of multiprocessing manager registerred function

Terry terry.yinzhe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 22:37:10 EDT 2009

On Aug 31, 5:58 pm, jacopo <jacopo.pe... at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Terry,
> I have just started working on similar things and I am strugling to
> find examples or documentations. So far I have found only the official
> documentation of the multiprocessing package. Would you be able to
> recommend me some good reference or a book. I dont want to overwhelm
> this newsgroup with questions... yet :)
> Regards, Jacopo
>
> On Aug 26, 4:22 am, Terry <terry.yin... at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
>
> > I'm using the multiprocessing.manager to run proceduresremotely. It
> > all worked fine except I hope to have a different return value type.
>
> > The remote function calls always return a proxy, which when I need to
> > get the value it need to connect to the manager again to fetch it. But
> > I just need the value, not the proxy.
>
> > Can I just return the value instead of a proxy from a manager?
>
> > br, Terry
Hi Jacopo,
Well, I also have had a hard time to find any examples or document
except the official document. I had to read the multiprocessing source
code (they are all in python except the network connection parts). And
I found I need to hack it a little to get it work.
You can share your questions, and maybe it's common to most of us.

br, Terry