Questions on XML

Rami Chowdhury rami.chowdhury at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:16:29 EDT 2009

> encoding declaration to the top of your source file if you use encoded
> literal strings in your code

Any tips for how to set the encoding in IDLE? printing the Unicode
strings works -- trying to repr() the variable chokes with a
UnicodeDecodeError, and trying to enter the literals inside IDLE just
gets me '?' characters instead.

(this is Python 2.5 + IDLE installed from the Python-2.5.msi on
python.org)

Rami Chowdhury
"Never assume malice when stupidity will suffice." -- Hanlon's Razor
408-597-7068 (US) / 07875-841-046 (UK) / 0189-245544 (BD)