Graph library recommendations for large graphs

Istvan Albert istvan.albert at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:54:43 EDT 2009

On Aug 24, 5:37 pm, VanL <van.lindb... at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can anybody who has worked with large graphs before give a recommendation?

when using large graphs another limitation may come from the various
graph algorithm run times. Most likely you will need to squeeze out as
much as possible and a python implementation has a lot of overhead.

I've used the LEDA graph library with great success. This is a C++
library with substantial syntax sugar that looks a bit like python
(and I made some python bindings for it via SWIG and thus got the best
of both worlds, lost the code I'm afraid).

http://www.algorithmic-solutions.info/leda_guide/Graphs.html

i.