how to debug extended module?

junyoung juneng603 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 01:39:49 EST 2009

Hi, I am a newbie who want to implement a extend module to use native
python language with my own shared library.

to test wrapper library(extend module, name is 'test.so'), I created
some test-cases.

There are some errors what I couldn't figure our reasons.

ex)
SystemError: error return without exception set

so, I ran the ddd with python and then I set test.py as a argument of
it.

ex)
ddd python

in ddd
run with arguments : test.py

but in this situation, I couldn't step in my own shared library
(compiled as the debug mode).

Is there any clear way to debug my extend module(that it, debug shared
library)??