commands module for windows

Chris Rebert clp2 at rebertia.com
Wed Dec 2 01:40:16 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 10:34 PM, M Kumar <tomanishkb at gmail.com> wrote:
> can I use this module to store output to a python variable?
> I am looking for something similar to
> commands.getoutput("<cmd>")

Yes, of course it can. If it's more powerful, then it can do
everything the other module can.
It'd be silly for the `commands` docs to point people to `subprocess`
if this wasn't the case.
It will take more than a single line of code though. Read the module's docs.

Regards,
Chris
--
http://blog.rebertia.com