can python do this?

Rounak irounakjain at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 09:32:23 EST 2009

I am a complete newbie. I want to know if the following can be done
using python or should I learn some other language:
(Basically, these are applescripts that I wrote while I used Mac OS)
1.Web Page Image to Wallpaper:
A script that takes the current image in a browser and sets it as a
wallpaper.
http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3462

2.Screenshot with name, format, Dropbox upload and public URL
I used to run this script,type the name for screenshot and press return.
The screenshot would be uploaded to Dropbox and public url would be
copied to clipboard.
http://forums.obdev.at/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3448

3.Play, pause, set rating to track in iTunes (a music player) with
keyboard shortcuts without activating iTunes. I know there is no iTunes
for Linux but is there a scriptable player. See hundreds of scripts
for iTunes here: http://dougscripts.com/

Thanks.