Moving from Python 2 to Python 3: A 4 page "cheat sheet"

Mark Summerfield list at qtrac.plus.com
Thu Dec 3 08:45:54 EST 2009

On 2 Dec, 21:28, David H Wild <dhw... at talktalk.net> wrote:
> In article
> <9d290ad6-e0b8-4bfa-92c8-8209c7e93... at a21g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
>    Mark Summerfield <l... at qtrac.plus.com> wrote:
>
> > > There is a typographical fault on page 4 of this pdf file. The letter
> > > "P" is missing from the word "Python" at the head of the comparison
> > > columns.
> > I can't see that problem---I've tried the PDF with evince, gv,
> > acroread, and okular, and no missing "P" on page 4. I don't have a
> > machine with RISC OS on it so I can't test on that environment!
>
> Using a different pdf reader, on the same machine, the letters are there.
> It's an odd thing, because it's only that one page that has the problem.

I've never had a problem with my PDFs before. However I use the lout
typesetting system and I suspect that it has some bugs relating to
external links (which normally I don't use but which I've put in this
particular document). Anyway, glad you found something that could read
it:-)

BTW issue #2 is now up. This has the file() vs. open() line. Hopefully
issue #3 will follow tomorrow or early next week with a line about
%*d.