Bored.

Ognjen Bezanov Ognjen at mailshack.com
Thu Dec 3 18:05:32 EST 2009

Anssi Saari wrote:
> Necronymouse <necronymouse at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello, I am learning python for about 2 years and I am bored. Not with
>> python but I have a little problem, when i want to write something I
>> realise that somebody had alredy written it! So i don´t want to make a
>> copy of something but i wanna get better in python skills. Don´t you
>> know what I should do?
>
> If I may propose something, I'm pretty annoyed that it's so hard to
> get contact and calendar data out of my Nokia phone. However, there's
> Python available for Symbian phones and the implementation is supposed
> to have access to that data on the phone... So a calendar and contacts
> sync tool would be a nice thing.

Also take into account, a lot of open source projects out there would
not mind help! I host two (public) open source projects, and would love
to have more development help from people interested in them!

Find a project which you would find interesting, then ask them if you
can join. You would not get to do something from scratch, but you would
be able to help further develop the project, perhaps even extend it in
some way you want to.