Insane Problem

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 05:05:12 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 7:07 PM, Steven D'Aprano <
steve at remove-this-cybersource.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Dec 2009 10:13:14 -0500, Carsten Haese wrote:
>
> > Victor Subervi wrote:
> >> I believe I mentioned in my first post that the "print test" does print
> >> the exact fields being called from the referring page.
> >
> > Was any part of "What do the print statements actually print? Please
> > copy and paste their output." unclear to you in any way?
> >
> >> Perhaps this
> >> is a bug in the cgi interface?
> >
> > Unlikely.
> >
> > It's much more likely that whatever frankencode you stitched together
> > from examples you found on the internet without understanding how they
> > work is doing something unexpected, and you are unable to diagnose the
> > problem because you don't understand how your code works.
>
> Oh come on, how likely is that??? It's much more likely that the original
> poster has discovered a bug in the standard library that thousands of
> users before him never noticed!
>
> *wink*

Please don't be rude. I never suggested that, but only said that there may
be a possibility that there was some problem, and in the context I wrote it,
it was perfectly obvious, because I made it so, that I was pulling at
straws.

I might not be as good a programmer as you, but I'm not rude, and that makes
me a better person. You can't take your programming with you when you die,
but I can take my pure, peaceful and joy-filled soul with me. Think about
that and don't be rude.