memory error

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 13:06:40 EST 2009

> But-- the image does say Pythonwin... are you running this from the
> Pythonwin editor/IDE? Does this script crash out if you run it through the
> normal 'python'(or pythonw) commands? If not, are you attempting to do any
> sort of GUI work in this script? That rarely works within Pythonwin
> directly.
>
> I am using python to do some gp ( geo processing ) for accuracy analysis.
> This analysis is based on application numbers. The script is going through
> each application number to process the data and looping through. The error
> appears after running few loops ( mean it process few applications). There
> is no certainty of how many loops it is going through but stopped with the
> error message and.

You didn't answer my other questions-- have you run this with python
directly and not PythonWin? It doesn't look like it you're doing anything
GUI-ish, but I don't know anything about "arcgisscripting"... which is
almost certainly where the error is happening, its really hard to get access
violations in pure Python. You'll probably need to add a (lot) of logging
into the script to narrow down precisely where this error is happening, that
it happens 'eventually' and 'somewhere' in the loop isn't going to help. I'd
guess that eventually a certain piece of data in there gets passed to this
library and everything explodes.

--S