Are routine objects guaranteed mutable & with dictionary?

Andreas Waldenburger usenot at geekmail.INVALID
Sat Dec 5 06:55:01 EST 2009

On Sat, 05 Dec 2009 11:26:34 +0100 "Alf P. Steinbach" <alfps at start.no>
wrote:

>    * "function" is misleading in itself (due to the hijacking of this
> term in mathematics), [...]

Can you please elaborate? To me, a function is something that
transforms some input to some output [1]. Which is exactly what Python
functions do, without fail.

[1] I was going to write "maps" instead of "transforms" but that seemed
odd to me (in the context of Python). So I think I sort of see where
you're going with this. But I'm still curious about the details.

/W

--
INVALID? DE!