editor with autocompletion

Fabio Zadrozny fabiofz at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 07:15:33 EST 2009

On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 5:19 AM, Siva B <sivaits4u at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> What I want is An Editor which can support Dynamic Languages with
> Autocomplete.
>
> I have my own language with some file extension (for ex: *.fs )
> I can add few keywords to editor, it should support autocomplte.
> thats what my idea.
>
> plz send me pointers (good if it is open source.)
> I have seen Komodo edit but it looks too big
>
> any help plz.

I'd recommend notepad++ (for windows): should be easy to add simple
completions. See:
http://notepad-plus.sourceforge.net/uk/auto-completion-HOWTO.php

If you know java and would like more options for your support (i.e.:
IDE features) Eclipse could be an option (basic support for a language
should be easy to add -- only when you want more advanced features the
learning curve to add them becomes steeper, although that road will
certainly be more work than adding support in notepad++ ).

Cheers,

Fabio