python bijection

Raymond Hettinger python at rcn.com
Sat Dec 5 19:18:58 EST 2009

On Dec 5, 3:22 pm, geremy condra <debat... at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2009 at 4:39 PM, Raymond Hettinger <pyt... at rcn.com> wrote:
> > [geremy condra]
> >> I actually considered using dependencies as an example on the
> >> "graphine for pythonistas"[1] article, but decided to do the maze
> >> run instead. In any event, the uses of graphs in general computing
> >> are well enough established that I don't really think that's where
> >> the majority of the difficulty in coming up with something for the
> >> standard library will be- deciding how it should look and behave,
> >> especially in terms of scope and target audience, that's going to
> >> be the difficult part.
>
> > Right you are :-)
>
> >> [1]:http://gitorious.org/graphine/pages/GraphineForPythonistas
>
> > Do you have many users?
>
> I literally have no idea, but I suspect not, seeing as how its a
> pure python3 project.

Google's code search can provide a clue.
It is also helpful because it let you see
typically use cases and whether the API fits well
or whether it is awkward to express common use cases.
All of those observations will help you tweak the API.

Also, it's useful to make similar studies of competing
packages either written in Python or in some other langauge.

Raymond