python proxy checker ,change to threaded version

elca highcar at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:01:56 EST 2009

Hello ALL,

i have some python proxy checker .

and to speed up check, i was decided change to mutlthreaded version,

and thread module is first for me, i was tried several times to convert to
thread version

and look for many info, but it not so much easy for novice python programmar
.

if anyone can help me really much appreciate!!

thanks in advance!

    import urllib2, socket

    socket.setdefaulttimeout(180)
    # read the list of proxy IPs in proxyList
    proxyList = open('listproxy.txt').read()

    def is_bad_proxy(pip):
        try:
            proxy_handler = urllib2.ProxyHandler({'http': pip})
            opener = urllib2.build_opener(proxy_handler)
            opener.addheaders = [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0')]
            urllib2.install_opener(opener)
            req=urllib2.Request('http://www.yahoo.com')  # <---check whether
proxy alive
            sock=urllib2.urlopen(req)