Two questions ( Oracle and modules )

Gabor Urban urbangabo at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 06:57:02 EST 2009

Hi guys,

I have two questions.

1. I have choice to introduce Python to my new employee. We are to
write and application that uses databases stored partially in Oracle
10 and partially in Oracle 11. We have to execute standard SQL
commands and stored procedures as well. Which is best conection /
module to use. A couple of years ago we had DCOracle2 for the same
task, but is written for Oracle8, so I gues it might not be a good
idea to use. What is your oppinion?

2. We have tp write a module that will be imported a couple of places.
Though we must be sure, this module's initialization is performed only
once. How can we implement this? I do not know what to google for.....

Gabor

--
Linux: Choice of a GNU Generation