opening a connection to quickbooks

jfabiani at yolo.com jfabiani at yolo.com
Mon Dec 7 10:31:44 EST 2009

Hi,

Has anyone ever attempted to work with quickbooks in a real time fashion? I
need some advise. I'm trying to work out a way to have real time
updates/inserts/and queries.  I'd also like not to use all the user
licenses. But...

I have discovered that opening a connection to quickbooks takes a long time
(as much as 11 seconds).  Is there a way I can open/create the connection
in a thread (so the rest of the prog can continue) and then use the
connection in the rest of the program to make queries? Or does someone have
a suggestion as how to get around this problem.

I'm using QB's Simple Start Edition - would the enterprise edition have
better performance?

Thanks in advance,

Johnf