My Darned Image Again

Carsten Haese carsten.haese at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 15:21:27 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> I don't know what happened, but when I
> pulled that out, it threw a familiar error that alerted me to quote the
> last variable (SKU="%s") and the blob went straight in. Thanks!

The fact that you had to quote the SKU value indicates to me that it's
an alphanumeric value (or worse), which means you should really heed the
advice I've given in my other response on this thread: Use parameter
binding instead of string interpolation to provide the SKU value. That
way, regardless of what craziness the SKU value contains, the syntactic
integrity of your database query is not in danger.

--
Carsten Haese
http://informixdb.sourceforge.net