Graph library for Python

Carl Banks pavlovevidence at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 16:58:49 EST 2009

On Dec 8, 4:27 am, Robin Becker <ro... at reportlab.com> wrote:
> Is there reason to suppose that any one representation of graphs or digraphs is
> so good we need to add it to python?

One of them bothered to write a PEP proposing its inclusion?

> Even for fairly common algorithms eg Dijkstra's shortest path there doesn't seem
> to be complete agreement on how to implement them; for the details of how
> nodes/edges/paths should be stored and efficiently manipulated there is huge
> variety.
>
> Wait seems like a good policy.

Geremy's team seems to balance open-mindedness with not being a
pushover quite well; given this, and that they took initiative, I am
satisfied that they will do a good job designing it for the general
case.

Also, "Now is better than never."

(And before anyone gives the obvious retort, please consider if you
really think it's happening "right now".)

Carl Banks