Request for py program to insert space between two characters and saved as text?

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Wed Dec 9 08:48:41 EST 2009

r0g wrote:
> Dave Angel wrote:
>
>> r0g wrote:

>> That's even worse.  As far as I can tell, the code will never do what he
>> wants in Python 2.x.   The Kannada text file is full of Unicode
>> characters in some encoding, and if you ignore the encoding, you'll just
>> get garbage.
>>

> Ah, fair enough. In my defence though I never saw the original post or
> this kannada.txt file as my newsserver is not so much with the
> reliability. I guess it's naive to assume an english .txt file is going
> to be in ASCII these days eh?
>
> I've yet to try python 3 yet either, this whole Unicode thing looks like
> it could be a total nightmare! :(
>
> Roger.

But it isn't an english  .txt file, it's a Kannada  .txt file.
Presumably you didn't realize that Kannada is a (non-English) language,
spoken in parts of India, with several hundred characters.  ASCII wasn't
even an option.  Anyway, no harm done, someone else referred the OP to a
Python user-group local to that region.

DaveA