attributes, properties, and accessors -- philosophy

Trevor Dorsey tdorsey at zindagigames.com
Wed Dec 9 13:57:43 EST 2009

Back to the subject of good tools.  Use an IDE that's intended for python.
 We started using WingIDE because it had an inline debugger and came with
all the nice things like autocomplete etc that things like eclipse or visual
studio have.

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 8:46 AM, Bruno Desthuilliers
<bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid> wrote:

> Ethan Furman a écrit :
>

>> Very helpful, thank you.  Hopefully my brain will be up to the descriptor
>> protocol this time... the last couple times were, um, less than successful.
>>  :)
>>

> Well, it's quite simple in fact. Most of the "magic" happens in
> object.__getattribute__ and object.__setattr__. You'll find a rough
> description of what happens here:
>

> http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.python/browse_frm/thread/a136f7626b2a8b7d/70a672cf7448c68e
>

> --

-Trevor D