plain text parsing to html (newbie problem)

akean akean at clear.net.nz
Wed Dec 9 16:03:17 EST 2009

On Dec 10, 3:59 am, João <joao... at gmail.com> wrote:
> I apologize for my newbiness but I'm banging my head making this work :
> (
> How can I see the output run in debug mode like in perl?

One method:  install ipython (another python shell, but with some
useful extra features)
and then run the program inside ipython in debug mode:
---------
$ ipython

In [1]: run -d filename.py

Breakpoint 1 at /path/to/filename.py:3
NOTE: Enter 'c' at the ipdb>  prompt to start your script.
> <string>(1)<module>()

ipdb>
--------
(You type c to continue)
--------
ipdb> c
> /path/to/filename.py(3)<module>()
      2
1---> 3 import sys, os
      4 import subprocess

--------
and you can see you're now on line 3.
Press h for help to see what commands you can type.
Press n for next line if you want to step.
Press s to step into a function when it's being called.  Etc.

--
Anita