Python for Newbies

rm rmcorrespond at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 22:11:45 EST 2009

On Dec 9, 9:46 pm, "Alf P. Steinbach" <al... at start.no> wrote:
> * rm:
>
> > Here is a new tutorial that may be a good starting point for learning
> > Python.
>
> >http://www.themaemo.com/python-for-newbies/
>
> Looks nice.
>
> I have two comments: (1) what is "the N900"?, and (2) the naming convention,
> using 'Num' for a variable and 'clsAddress' for a class, is opposite of the
> usual Python convention where one'd write 'num' and 'Address'.
>
> Shameless plug for my own writings, an introduction to /programming/ for
> newbies, using Python  --  this work is progressing slowly but steadily:
>
>    <url:http://preview.tinyurl.com/ProgrammingBookP3>
>
> which is in Google Docs; a table of contents available as text file (it's not
> complete wrt. to latest stuff I added) and also in the PDF files themselves.
>
> Comments very welcome! :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Alf
>
> PS: The last three or four paragraphs in ch 2 were sort of negative so I've
> replaced them with one single short much more upbeat paragraph. Working...

The N900 is what I consider the coolest portable device ever:

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/nokian900-not-just-an-itoy/

http://www.themaemo.com/and-now-for-something-completely-different-the-n900-and-its-killer-feature/

This tutorial is also a work in progress.  We welcome the help.  In
fact there is a Google Wave already set up for this purpose.

I'll take a look at your writings.  What license are you making them
available with.