no module named error

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri Dec 11 07:54:46 EST 2009

Joe schrieb:
>> Your installation process is botched (no idea why, you don't show us
>> setup.py or anything else I asked for).
>
> Sorry, but I do know how it's currently installed is exactly the way I
> need it to be installed.

It is? It wasn't working until you fiddled with sys.path - which you
needed help to find out. How's that exactly the way it is needed?

>> All that is missing is what I've asked you now several times before:
>> _moda.so is *NOT* alongside moda.py inside your python's site-packages
>> directory. Copy it in there, and the import will work *without* any
>> sys.path-hackery.
>
> Yeah, that's something I don't want to do. But you've given me enough
> info to help me understand what's going on and how to fix it. Thanks.

So it's ok that the installation copies moda.py, but not that it copies
_moda.so to the same destination?

Looks all very strange to me. But then - it's your system. Glad it works
for you.

Diez