Python tricks with applescript in OS-X

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Fri Dec 11 09:43:59 EST 2009

On 12/11/09 3:13 AM, joanmg at gmail.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I've written a short document with some working examples of how to
> interface python with other applications in OS-X via applescript (had
> to spend some time figuring it out, and thought I might as well write
> it down).  The examples include asking Google Earth for the latitude
> and longitude of the point at the center of its screen, or using the
> finder to pop-up a dialog window to get input from the user:
>
> http://juanreyero.com/article/python/os-x-python.html
>
> Cheers,
>
> Juan
> http://juanreyero.com

Thanks for these examples.

There is also a Python package that allows you to interface with an
application's AppleScript dictionary via Python itself, without the
intermediate step of using the osascript command-line tool:

http://appscript.sourceforge.net/

You might find that of interest.

--Kevin

--